It’s a chilly time of year and warm soup is on the menu, served up in our favourite bowls!
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 garlic head
- 2 small butternut squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2.25 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off top of garlic head, drizzle with olive oil and place on baking tray with butternut squash cut in half, inside facing up.
- Roast for 45 minutes, remove, and cool.
- Remove the skin from the garlic and squash.
- Mash the garlic and set aside.
- Cube the squash and set aside separately.
- Use a large soup pot and put on medium heat, add coconut oil.
- Add red pepper and cook for 4 mins.
- Add squash cubes, curry power, smoked paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, thyme, salt and pepper, and broth.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 25 mins.
- While simmering, mix a half cup of coconut cream with ginger, cover, and put in the fridge.
- Once the soup has simmered for 25 mins, add the garlic and goat cheese, let cool a bit then process in a blender.
- Put the blended soup back in the pot, add the remaining coconut cream and warm.
- Serve with coconut and ginger concoction drizzled on top with cilantro, goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds as a garnish.